Build a Successful IT Services Business in 30 Days!
The ultimate do-it-now guide to getting started in Managed Services.
Whether you’re a NEW Computer Consultant or an experienced technician making the move to managed services, this is the perfect book for you!
The book includes step-by-step instructions for creating service offerings, reformulat-ing your business, creating service agreements, and more!
Should You Become a Computer Consultant?
It’s not too late! YOU can get into Managed Services — in a month.
All you need is a little guidance and how-to instruction. As Karl says, lots of people have done this and you can, too.
Even if you decide not to become an MSP (managed service provider), this book is full of great advice about taking stock of your business, “weeding your client garden,” adjusting your prices, and other best practices for the SMB Consultant.
This book is guaranteed to improve your business. Thousands of people have taken the challenge and become MSPs in a month — and so can you!
THIS BOOK IS GUARANTEED TO IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Managed Services in a Month
Build a Successful, Modern Computer Consulting Business in 30 days - 3rd Edition
- What’s Different About Technology Consulting Today?
- The Latest Servers and Options (circa 2017)
- Cloud Computing in the Small Business Space
4. New Consulting Business vs. Existing Business
5. Managed Services in a Month
6. Break/Fix and Hybrid Models
7. Managed Services and Cloud Services
8. Start Making A Plan
9. Starting Fresh with No Clients to Convert
10. Per User vs. Per Device Pricing
11. Create A Three-Tiered Pricing Structure
12. Building a Catalog of Services
13. BDR and Backup
14. VOIP, Signage, Security, and More
15. Weed Your Client Garden and Finish The Plan
16. Write a Service Agreement; Have It Reviewed
17. Print Up Your New Pricing Plan
18. Overcoming Objections
19. Desktops and Managed Service Revisited
20. The Cloud Service Five-Pack
21. Building a Bundle that Works
22. Killer Combo: Managed Services and Cloud Services
23. Client Sit-Downs
24. The Meeting
25. After the Sale
26. The Right Tools for the Job
27. Final Thoughts: Managed Services in a Month
28. Key Points to Remember for Profit
29. One Final Note: Self-Interest Properly Understood
The new edition is loaded with information that’s useful for any new computer consultant or new technology consultant. Whether you are a new consultant interested in managed services, or an experience IT Pro who want to switch to managed services, this is the book for you!
View list of associated downloads
Karl W. Palachuk has been an IT Consultant since 1995 and is one of the pioneers of the managed services business model. He is the author of 19 books, most of which are also available as audio books.
He is the host of the SMB Community Podcast and maintains four blogs, including Small Biz Thoughts and Relax Focus Succeed. Karl has owned several small businesses, including two very successful Managed Service companies in Sacramento, CA.
He received his first Microsoft certification in 1995 and his first MCSE in 1999. He was an active, hands-on Systems Engineer until January of 2017.
Karl has been a featured speaker at conferences and seminars over the last ten years. He is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with a Bachelor’s Degree from Gonzaga University and a Master’s Degree from The University of Michigan. He is also a Microsoft Small Business Specialist, and is an original member of Microsoft’s Small Business Specialist Advisory Panel.
Looking for the associated downloads?
Register your book and they’ll be sent to you as soon as your request is processed.